LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't click with LabVIEW in another program

I am using the "call library function node" to make a mouse click with LabView. It works when clicking in some other programs but not in all programs. Is there another mouse clicking function that does work in all programs or an option in the call library function node that can make it possible to click in all programs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,497 Views)

Are you using User32.dll to perform the simulated clicks?  

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9BB3211F3469623649257360000E272C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,466 Views)

Yes i am using that

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,430 Views)

The most important thing is that only the window which has currently the key focus, will actually receive any keyboard and mouse events. So you will somehow need to make sure that the window you intend to receive the mouse click is the front most window.

You should also make sure to configure the Call Library Node to run in any thread and not the UI thread to avoid certain synchronization issues while LabVIEW may execute in the UI thread but the most important thing is to make sure that the right window is activated first.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 5
(2,422 Views)

I did both try any tread and UI tread with just the Window open of the program where I want to click in to make it the key focus but doesn't work. The mouse move to the location but it won't click.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,418 Views)