LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate LabVIEW 2017

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with LabView activation. I have the program installed on the computer, but this does not want to activate. What I did: I can install the program without any problems, that's alright. But then, if I want to activate this - it will not work. I open the license manager, enter there the license server address, click "OK" and afterwards the connection with this server is to be manufactured. The window "License is requested" stops, nothing else happens. I also tried to install and activate the program on another machine - it worked. Actually, it works well on all other computers, but it does not work with the single one from the beginning. I also tried to reinstall the operating system - that did not help too.
I have no idea what else that could be. Could someone help me with this Problem?

About my version of LabVIEW and License Manager:
LabVIEW Version: 2017
License: Volume license for 100 accounts (activation by connecting to a server). Currently only 13 accounts are activated, so it can not be that the allowed number of accounts has been exceeded) 
License Manager Version: 4.0

About the PC: Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise (normal activated license version) Processor: IntelXeon CPU E3-1225 V2

Best regards

Ar-Den

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,763 Views)

Is your license server reachable (e.g. ping)? Is the license manager allowed to access the network? Any firewall or security software too tight?

I probably would try to sniff some packets using wireshark.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,734 Views)

Hi,

yes, everything is configured correctly. I tried also to ping this server and got the answer, so it works. Is it theoretically possible if there were any errors with the activation on this PC at the beginning, then the server gives no more activation key or something similar?

Best regards

Ar-Den

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,716 Views)