From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect to Network Stream in startup.rtexe

Hello,

I have encountered a rather frustrating issue. I have developed an architecture that depends on network streams to connect my RT application (hosted on a cRIO) to several windows clients. Everything worked seamlessly when I was running the RT Host VI from my Labview project. However, when I tried to deploy the RT application as a startup vi on the cRIO (as startup.rtexe). I could no longer establish a connection to the nettwork streams.

I have tried adjusting the context name of the network stream path to "startup.rtexe", but this did not help.

Can anybody help me?

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,485 Views)

Hi RyanEwart,

Do you get some error code or a error message?

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,451 Views)

I've been meaning to post my results. The error actually entered the chain prior to the Network Streams. It boiled down to a rookie mistake:

Don't use 'Value' Property nodes in a real-time application! When the RT application is deployed, no front panel is loaded and these type of property nodes will error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,447 Views)

Hi RyanEwart,

I'm glad to hear that this is already solved!

Best,

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,444 Views)