LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Add Label to Flat Sequence Structure

In LabVIEW 2009, I can't Add Label to Flat Sequence Structure. The Visible checkbox for the Label is always greyed out.

Why is the Label property for a Flat Sequence Structure always disabled/

How can I add a Label to a Flat Sequence Structure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,224 Views)

Are you trying to do this by way of a right click on the sequence structure then properties?

If I do a right-click, Visible, Label, it works fine.  If I go by way of the properties dialog box, I can't click the check box, I can enter text in the control.  But nothing shows up.  If I go back and right click Visible Label.  A label shows up, but it is not what I typed but the default.

I think this might be a bug with the properties dialog for the flat sequence structure.  (I'm in 2009SP1).

EDIT:  I went to LV8.6 and tried the properties dialog, and it said the selected object has no available properties.  Can someone who has just installed LV2010 see how the properties dialog behaves for the flat sequence structure in the newest version?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,214 Views)

In 2010 the flat sequence lable property dialog is disfunctional. 

Nice bug- since I loath sequence structures this just gives me another good reason to avoid them

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 6
(5,196 Views)

It's funny that it works correctly for a stacked sequence even though the property window looks identical.  I guess they didn't use the same code for both.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,140 Views)

Hi All,

This has been reported to National Instruments R&D as CAR 166707.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(5,079 Views)

@DiscoBall wrote:

Hi All,

This has been reported to National Instruments R&D as CAR 166707.

THANKS !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,057 Views)