LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can page selector be used as event case selector?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Application engineers,

I am wondering if it is possible to use page selector directly as an event case selector?

Attached is a simple VI that has addition and subtraction two event cases, the cases can be selected by clicking either the addition  button or subtraction button,  but, I would like to click the pages to select the cases. I played around with page property node, no success. 

Is it possible? 

Gu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,065 Views)

I'm not sure why you want to do this, but yes you can. Your main problem is that you didn't name your tab control, so it shows up as "#0" in the event list. But if you choose #0 as your event case it will indeed trigger an event when you change tabs. (You should really give it a name though. Right click and select visible items >> label, then type a name).

Also, you do not have an event case for your stop button - you need one, it is not responsive to the stop button as it is right now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,044 Views)

Hi prettypwnie,

Thank you. 

I need two options for two types of data processing, there is a XY graph on each page. The page selection as you suggested can only do one option, actually, any page click triggers the same event. I would like to trigger the page, addition or subtraction for different data processing. 

Page table has a page index, but do not know how to read it out for event triggering.

Regards,

Gu 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,029 Views)

Even your current code is highly flawed and full of race conditions. It makes no sense to to use the tab for any of that, but here's one possibility.

tabselect2.png

Still, does not make much sense in terms of code architecture or UI.

Message 4 of 7
(2,014 Views)

Hi Dr  Altenbach,

Could you please upload the code as I do not know how the tabs are linked to the page?

Regards,

Gu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edmonton

It's the terminal of the tab control. The "value" is the name of the current tab. And yes, please name all your controls. You can hide the label on the front panel, but they should always show on the diagram.

Message 6 of 7
(2,006 Views)

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Gu

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,989 Views)