LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create any files using"write to measurement file" while connecting with Crio-9054

Dear all,

Yilyn_0-1625627795843.png

Refferring to this tutorial (https://www.ni.com/en-us/innovations/videos/10/logging-data-with-a-usb-data-acquisition-device--.htm...), I use "write to measurement file" in the labview without connecting to any hardware devices to log the simulate signals, and I get the file (.lvm or .tdms etc.) successfully.

However, I found that the "write to measurement file" VI not able to create any files when connecting the Crio-9054 device.  I tried to connect both DAQ and simulate signal with "write to measurement file" respectively, and run it  successfully but no files were obtained. Would you please share with me about your experience with the same problem. 

Thank you for your precious time.

Software versions:(I tried both two versions, but obtain the same results)

Labview 2020 sp1;  real time module 2020

Labview 2018;  real time module 2018 

Hardware devices: 

cRIO-9054, NI9201(AI) NI9264(AO) 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,769 Views)

Hi Yilyn,

@Yilyn wrote:

However, I found that the "write to measurement file" VI not able to create any files when connecting the Crio-9054 device.  I tried to connect both DAQ and simulate signal with "write to measurement file" respectively, and run it  successfully but no files were obtained. Would you please share with me about your experience with the same problem. 

Programming with LabVIEW is not just "throwing some ExpressVIs together", but also "reading the tutorials" and "examining all the examples coming with LabVIEW"…

Just yesterday we had a related thread here with basically the very same problem!

WriteMeasurementFile is surely able to create data files on your cRIO once you use the correct filepath (and not choose an Excel file format)!

@Yilyn wrote:

Refferring to this tutorial (https://www.ni.com/en-us/innovations/videos/10/logging-data-with-a-usb-data-acquisition-device--.htm...), I use "write to measurement file" in the labview without connecting to any hardware devices to log the simulate signals, and I get the file (.lvm or .tdms etc.) successfully.

Your cRIO is NOT an "USB data acquisition device"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,722 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thanks a lot for your fast response and kind suggestions, and I will try to understand the tutorials and examples as you advised to fix my problem.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Yilyn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,685 Views)

You need to be aware of three things in this respect when working with a LabVIEW Realtime target.

1) The code is NOT executing on your development computer but on the target.

2) This target has its own operating system and in your case with the cRIO-9054 that is Linux and the file paths are therefore Unix style and look like "/home/lvuser/data" or something like that, not "C:\Users\MyName\Documents"

3) Last but not least, there is normally no user interface on these targets. So your Write To Spreadsheet File Express VI can not just pop-up a File Dialog on the non-existing monitor, and therefore you can't leave the path input open. You have to make sure to wire a path to that input that actually exists on your target.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,681 Views)

Dear Rolf,

Thanks a lot for your information, and I will try to learn more about the labview and cRIO via tutorials and examples.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Yilyn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,658 Views)