LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can digital waveform editor be launched from labview8.6

Hi,

Have anyone tried launching digital waveform editor from labview8.6? if so please let me know.Is there any connectivity VI that can be used for waveform editor.

Thanks,

Nandhini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,464 Views)

Hello Nandhini,

The digital waveform editor can be launced from any version of LabVIEW using the System Exec VI.  If you run a command line with the path to the DWE executable, you can launch the waveform editor.  Unfortunately, there is no set of VIs that allow connectivity between the DWE and LabVIEW.  Can you give me a summary of what you want to achieve with the DWE and LabVIEW? 

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)

Thankyou coalson,

To give a brief of wat i m trying is,i have my own digital card for which i would want to use waveform editor software and use my own hardware interacting VIs.Is this possible by any way?

Nandhini.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,407 Views)

Nandhini,

You have two different options for interacting between the Digital Waveform Editor and your hardware.  You can either use the play button directly from the Digital Waveform Editor to launch Signal Express with a HSDIO Express Step configured to generate the waveform you are creating in the DWE, or you can edit and save a waveform to disk, and then configure a LabVIEW program to generate that saved waveform.  It sounds like the second method is what you are looking for.  Save the waveform you are editing in the DWE to disk at a specific location, then configure your LabVIEW VIs to generate the waveform, and use either the HWS read VIs, or you can use the write waveform VIs of the HSDIO and specify the location of the HWS file.

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,391 Views)