From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody tell me how to get the sound portion of an AVI file without using WMP?

I can play an AVI but I cannot find any information about the sound comes with it. Using WMP is an option but I would like to use only LV 2010 vis.

Laszlo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,304 Views)

You have two issues:

1. LabVIEW does not natively support any video formats.  You will need an add-on, such as the vision toolkit, to do this.  Alternately, you can use a command line interface or DLL to control something else such as avidemux.
  2. AVI is a container and can contain many different types of audio (e.g. mp3 or aac) and video (e.g. mp4).  Without knowing what type of audio it contains, we cannot suggest a solution.

Read up on AVI, find out what your AVI contains, then repost if you need to.  However, avidemux from the command line interface should get you what you need in most cases.  You could also use the binary file I/O functions to directly query the AVI, but that could get far more involved than you may want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,275 Views)

Hi,

I have similar issue. I am trying to read out audio part of an AVI video file. Please advise if you can.

AVI file has H.264 AVI video compression format and G.723 audio compression format. I use Labview 7.1 and Vision 8.2.1 toolkit. Windows XP.

Is it possible to get audio data from this AVI file using AVI api's of labview? Even I was not able to play the sample video through Read AVI example program. Frame rate is 30 fps.

Can anybody advise?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,241 Views)

Hi,

I have similar issue. I am trying to read out audio part of an AVI video file. Please advise if you can.

AVI file has H.264 AVI video compression format and G.723 audio compression format. I use Labview 7.1 and Vision 8.2.1 toolkit. Windows XP.

Is it possible to get audio data from this AVI file using AVI api's of labview? Even I was not able to play the sample video through Read AVI example program. Frame rate is 30 fps.

Can anybody advise?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,241 Views)

Karkera

If you are unable to play the AVI file in LabVIEW you may be missing codecs.  Are you able to play this file without problems in a media player on the computer?  I am unsure what you mean when you are refering to AVI api's of labview.  Are you referring to the Vision toolkit functions (IMAQ AVI Open/Read/Close)?

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,216 Views)