LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody help me with this problem? (TDMS wrong writing, likely.)

I am generating a some data from FPGA and sending to RT then save to compactRIO. But the data writing to tdms file has lots of burr (orange curve) that don't occurs in the charts. This has been confirmed, because the data exported right from the chart don't have any burrs.

Data shown on charts.png

Data saved then displayed.png

RT Reading FIFO.jpg

FPGA Generating data.jpg

    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(659 Views)

It looks like you are getting out of sync with the FIFO data.  In your waveform FIFO, you have 2 channels.  So when you read, you need to make sure you are getting an even number of samples.  Similarly for your position FIFO, you need to make sure you are reading a number of samples that is divisible by 3.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(636 Views)

Thank you for your reply, crossrulz! The problem you mentioned has been excluded after our test. The data display module goes before the data saving one (TDMS), and it displays well in the chart. So we believe the data from FIFO is treated properly. The TDMS saving module seems everything to blame here.

vnetawz_0-1647871378127.png

vnetawz_1-1647871394819.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(625 Views)

Although it is still a mystery what happens, it does work now when I use one FIFO instead of two. Hope it informatic to someone and if would be better if  somebody can make it clear.

Note: during every loop, actually several elements remain (last picture), this may be the cause.

vnetawz_0-1647875457701.png

vnetawz_1-1647875469237.png

vnetawz_2-1647875787432.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(612 Views)