LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XY Graph add a single point to a plot without redrawing previous points?

I guess if I clear the graphs once in a while that would fix the memory problem. 

But what is the maximum amount of data I can save with running into issues?

because in my particular application I will have real time data coming in, and I will need to display them constantly.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,276 Views)

Thanks for the tip! Smiley Happy

Im not sure...how do I check that?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,275 Views)

I have checked the box to "clear data on each call"

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,274 Views)

Thanks! I think the problem is solved, it runs forever nowSmiley Happy

Just one more thing, my input array size  is 128x40 (so 40 timepoints).I want to plot this, and on the next iteration (another 128x40 array)  append this new data to the exisitng one, so it is continuos (so the x scale would go from 0-80 now, instead of 0-40)

How can I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,270 Views)

SinceI can't change the update mode on a graph, I used a chart instead,  so now the x scale is continuous.

But would it affect anything else?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,267 Views)

developer001 wrote:

Just one more thing, my input array size  is 128x40 (so 40 timepoints).I want to plot this, and on the next iteration (another 128x40 array)  append this new data to the exisitng one, so it is continuos (so the x scale would go from 0-80 now, instead of 0-40)

How can I do this?

Since the points are spaced equally in time, you should use a simple charts instead of xy graphs.

If you want to stay with the xy graph (why???), you need to keep track of X. Instead of tapping into the iteration terminal, you need to keep the current x in shift registers across all your loops and increment whenever new data arraives.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,265 Views)