cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LabVIEW DSC Run on XP Embedded

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Montanaro,

It's best to keep LabVIEW and DSC together on the same drive.  Rather than trying to change the install location of DSC, could you maybe look to change the location of other items on the C drive to free up room for DSC?

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(540 Views)

Hello Eric,

thank you for your answer.

Probably I didn´t explain the hole issue correctly.

I have a server where Labview  Dsc Run Time is installed and the compiled application works fine. I have also a client which is a Touch panel with "Windows Embedded PosReady 2009 version2 Service Pack 3" installed.

The client has only 3,6 GB of Hardrive space and 3GB are used by the operating system and some propietary staff. No extra programs are installed. (I could free some space but probably not enough without corrupting de OS)

The client and the server should be able to comunicate through TCP/IP interchanging values/variables and the client should also be able to get values directly from the OPC server. Thats why I need to install the DSC Run Time

also on the Client. I successfully created this comunication process in other projects and it works fine. As I said this time my problem is just the space on the touch panel (client) which hopefully I can solve installing DSC on the mounted 32GB SD card. Otherwhise another solution could be to install DSC Run time with just just the minimum features to garantee the comunication I need. (Wich exact features would not be needed?)

Thanks,

montanaro

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(531 Views)

Hi Montanaro,

There is a KnowledgeBase Article on How to Install LabVIEW 8.0 RT Module to a Drive Partition Other than C:.  Try these steps, and pretend that it is saying DSC Runtime instead of RT Module.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(505 Views)

Thank you Eric, that would have been the solution I was looking for in the first place.

Now I have kind of a mess on my system since i discovered I had to install also the Labview runtime, which I deleted (by deleting folders, because I coudn't find a uninstall) because of the lack of space on the hardrive. Now I'd like to try to reinstall Labview Runtime but the installer just wants to Install de USI-component thinking that all the other things as the 'Runtime Enginge', 'Data Socket' .... and so on are still on the system. How can I clean up that mess or force Labview Runtime to reinstall.

Thank you so much in advace,

montanaro

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(501 Views)

Hi Montanaro,

Have you tried uninstalling the software following the steps in the How Do I Uninstall or Repair National Instruments Software?  I would recommend trying the repair, as it should attempt to replace the missing files for the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(489 Views)

Thank you Eric, unfortunatly don´t have time to test all that, but as soon as I can I will come back to you.

Thanks again,

montanaro

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(473 Views)