From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use PID toolkit in 64 bit LabVIEW?

Hi,

I switched to a new PC and installed 64 bit LabVIEW, hoping more memory would help caching and streaming large images continuously acquired by my cameras. But I just realized that the PID toolkit I have been using doesn't support 64 bit LabVIEW.

I tried the method provided in this post (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22604), which, as I understand, is basically copying all the vi's and related files from 32 bit LabVIEW to 64 bit LabVIEW folders and then mass compiling them. I was able to copy all the files except that I didn't find any file in resource\Framework\Providers\ that sounds related to PID and Fuzzy Logic. Unfortunately, the compiling of a number of PID vi's failed. If I try to call them in my code, the vi is shown as nonexecutable.

Is there a way that I can get the PID vi's to work in 64 bit LabVIEW?

Thanks!

YJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,896 Views)

YJ,

Unfortunately, PID depends on a DLL that in 2013 and earlier is only compiled in 32-bit.

However, if you open the PID.vi in the Array instance, you can add the 64-bit option to the diagram disable and then, use the G-version of the algorithm instead of 32-bit.

Let me know if you need more information...

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,849 Views)

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT WELL

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,615 Views)

It was a long time ago. I ended up open the PID vi in my code and recompiled it in 64 bit LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,608 Views)