LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a survey questionnaire using labview

I would like to create a survey questionnaire to be run in a PDA. can I do the same using labview?
I am using a windows 2000 OS.
I want to use labview for creating such a questioannaire and then run it in a PDA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(4,948 Views)
Yes, you could easily create a questionaire application for a PDA with the LabVIEW PDA Module. The programming techniques used are the same as LabVIEW for Windows.

One thing to note is that a license is required to deploy the applications built with the LabVIEW PDA module on to each PDA. The modules come with one license to deploy applications on to one PDA and additional licenses can be purchased.

Regards,

JR A.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(4,948 Views)

Is there any sample code available to help me get started creating questionnaires in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(3,564 Views)

Resurrecting a 12 year old thread is one more reason why threads should be locked after a certain amount of time with no activity passes 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(3,549 Views)

Agreed. However, if the search outputs only this thread as a source, where else can a person go for information even if it is 12 years old?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,544 Views)

You should start a new thread.

There is unlikely to be any particular help out there, and certainly nothing form a 16 year old thread.

Break down your project into sections.  What are your goals?  What are your inputs and outputs?  What steps will you need to program?

You probably have a list of questions.

You probably have a list of potential answers.

You might even have some free form, type in some comments answers.

You'll need a way to guide people through the questions and record their answers.

Since this is a survey, you will probably have multiple respondents.  You will need to gather up the responses in some sort of database, or at least a file you can look through later.

Is this a homework project?

If it is a real project, it doesn't seem to be worth the effort considering the numerous survey services that exist on the web such as SurveyMonkey.

If you are stuck, then ask some specific questions on the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(3,534 Views)

I think the previous post covered the age of the thread. No need to repeat it.

If NI doesn't want people using these posts, then it's probably best if they are archived, don't you think?

I will try to find where I'm supposed to put the information.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,519 Views)

So I marked the post as new. I hope this is right. It seems wrong.

I'm just starting in Labview, so a little patience and encouragement are always welcome. I could not find a more recent thread that dealt with creating a set of questionnaires. I decided to start off simple to see if anyone had programmed a questionnaire. I should have left off the word 'survey'. These are not surveys. Some questionnaires are standard for an experiment (e.g., handedness, hearing ability, etc.). I don't want to get into the details of this yet because I want to make sure I understand and can create a framework. I have an excel file with the titles of the different questionnaires, the number of questions for each, and all the possible responses for them. I would like the lab to be able to continue to use the program when I'm finished so they need to be able to add questionnaires to the program (i.e., add an excel file in csv format) and update the answer possibilities (if the item is not already included in the framework file). 

I have each questionnaire in excel and can save each as a .csv file which I understand can be loaded into Labview. As I mentioned, I'm just starting out and I would appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,513 Views)

@frankenberry wrote:

So I marked the post as new. I hope this is right. It seems wrong..

It is wrong. all it does is show the thread in bold as if you had not looked at it yet (same as "mark as unread" in e-mails, for example). It does not change the age of a very old thread. Once you click on it again, it won't be new.

What you should do first if go to the top of the forum and start with the learning resources. Once you are confident, try to program your survey. If you get stuck come back and ask specific questions, even show us what you tried.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,478 Views)

Which learning resources would be the most helpful for creating questionnaires (not surveys)?

Hey?! There are no learning resources at the top?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,458 Views)