LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change text blinking color

Solved!
Go to solution
I have a very simple question.  I've created a property node from a string indicator.  I want this string to blink but it blinks red and yellow.  To the operator, they think that there must be an error.

I want to change the blinking color.  Is this possible?
Ron Deavers, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author programmindragon

Hello,

Go to Tools > Options > Colors, and there you can change (among other things) the foreground and background colors of blinking controls.

Good luck,

-D

Message 2 of 7
(6,522 Views)

Thanks Darren,

Though this is simple, it becomes bothering when we forget where to look. 😉

Kudos!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,125 Views)
If you build this into an executable, you need to add settings to the INI file for the EXE for the colors to remain.  You will see that LabVIEW added entries to LabVIEW.ini to set the new colors.  You need to copy those settings into the INI file for your EXE.
Message 4 of 7
(6,112 Views)

Aha,

thanks a lot Matthew, for this tip. I was wondering about the same, since the color options are application dependent (settings apply only to the particular machine), so when I create an installer to install my programs somewhere, I should include these settings. And you just said how.

Will get back here if I have doubts about this, when I build the application.

Kudos again!

Message Edited by Vaibhav on 08-10-2009 04:57 PM
Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,094 Views)

Hi

Three years after you posted this tip, I made use of it.

That was my exact requirement, to set the Blinking colors in the Executable. I was unable to achieve this as the EXE uses Red and Yellow default colors when blinking.

I thought there was a property node that used to set the blinking colors. I am not sure if I was imagining, though.

Thanks again! It saved my time

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,206 Views)

Or you can do something like this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,196 Views)