LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DAQ send signal to motor controller?

Dear all,

I have been busy with a project since 6 months. This project involves a DAQ which acquires loadcell samples while a linear motor pressing on a loadcell.

the DAQ i am using is "NI USB-6343", the linear motor controller is Newport SMC 100(has its labview drivers). I am controlling both of them with labview and I managed to build my application. BUT there is only one problem.

The problem I am facing is: The motor controller has a limited response time like 220 ms while DAQ is acquiring sample in every 1 ms.

So while running the tests, when DAQ's acquired value reached 5 Newton preload, the vi. stops the linear motor using the motor controller's labview drivers. Since motor controller's response time is high, this preload goes over 5 Newton, because the linear motor keeps pressing the loadcell due the the motor controllers late response time.

So what I want to know is that: When the certain value is reached, can I force the Motor Controller to do "stop.vi" action by DAQ? , for example, Can I manage this with DAQ trigger signal options?

Note: I built my application with case structures(like move the linear motor in true case untill a value is reached, then get to the false case structure to stop the motor and return home position)

Kindly waiting for your responses,

I really want to solve this problem, please help me.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,376 Views)

well, try aquiring the preload at a lower newton to compensate for the late response.sounds like the motor will be a hit or miss at the 220 ms, but is it always at 220 then you will have an accurate preload. also, show us what you have done(post your vi)...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,365 Views)

Dear apok,

Please see the attached view of my vi. I can not try to enter lower preload to match with what I really want, because it is unpredictable and it is not professional solution.

It is always 220 ms for motor controller. Isn't there any solution with DAQ triggering options or something else?

Kind Regards,

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,357 Views)

from what i see..you have two separate while loops. is there a reason for this? can you please upload your vi in 9.0 ver. so that i can get a better look at your case statements.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,348 Views)