From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Application Builder pass varible value to VI

I use application builder to make two executables that are built from the same VI.  The only difference is the value of a boolean variable in the VI.  In one exe the boolean in the VI is set to true, in the other exe the boolean is false.  Currently I have to change the value in between doing the two builds.  Does anyone know of a better way to do this?

I've used defines in C language compiler projects to control things like this.  I haven't run across anything like this in Labview.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,385 Views)

see here

Pass your boolean as a command line argument.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,379 Views)

If you're looking for something like a compiler directive - you can create a pre-build and a post-build VI which is run before/after the build process. You can use this (perhaps with some scripting) to perform some action before the build happens. If you use that with something like conditional disable symbols (e.g. set a DEBUG==TRUE) then you can do it in such a way that should be familiar to you if you've used text-based languages.

Scripting gives you some extra power to do some extra things in these pre/post-build VIs such as set project properties, modify the front panel/block diagram etc.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,340 Views)