LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera image max hold

Hi,

I have a camera image streaming in via "IMAQ Grab Acquire.vi".

I would like to do a "max hold" of this image.

In other words, imagine I'm looking at the image of a flashlight in a dark room. Right now you see the flashlight moving around on the image. I'd like to have it persist indefinitely, so that the flashlight instead 'draws' a persistent bright trail as it moves around the image.

How can I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,019 Views)

The IMAQ Add VI might be what you want, where you just add each image to the previous, but you might end up with an overexposed image as you go on and on. I would suggest using a combination of the IMAQ processing VIs to get your result. Trial and error.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,011 Views)

To rephrase what James said, if all you do is pile the images on top of each other (which you can surely do), you are, in effect, simply "averaging" over all the images.  What this basically does is to emphasize the stationary parts of the image, washing out the moving parts, sort of the exact opposite of what you want.  You'll have to be clever (and probably non-linear) ...

Bob  Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,982 Views)

You might have to use image to array and use the LabVIEW max&min function between your new image and the old image stored as an array on a shift register or feedback node.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,945 Views)