LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling different LabVIEW application from a shell application

Hi all, 

We have different applications to test different products like Product A, Product B, Product C.

I need to create a shell application for the user to select the type of product they want to test.

I would like to know the methods of finding the location of all the three applications and calling them from the shell application.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,223 Views)

Hi mini,

I would like to know the methods of finding the location of all the three applications

You have to know the "location" before you can call those executables.

You should know the location when you provide an installer for them…

calling them from the shell application.

Just call those executables.

You may not need to "search for them" when the executables are in the search path of your command shell…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Assuming your test software is also LabVIEW, you can use a Sub Panel within your "shell application" to load the Front Panel of the program you wish to run.  In this approach, you will be calling the main VI of the target application, not the *.exe file.  See the following for an example....

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/How-to-use-subpanels-to-display-different-subVI-front-pane...

As with the approach described by GerdW, you will still need to know the names/locations of the files you wish to run.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,167 Views)