LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and Passing Values

Hello,

In my application the user starts the program a screen appears where he has to select Model No. (Boolean buttons) as per the unit under test , if he wants to perform the test. And he selects Model Name "X" if he wants to change the Set Parameters corresponding to Model No."X".

Now when user selects the Model No. the parameters which are stored in the 'Parameter.vi'  should be called in the main VI according to the Model No. Boolean pressed by user.

And if he presses I have to open that 'Parameter.vi' so that user can edit the parameters.

So What I need to do is that I should be able to pass an integer value corresponding to the Model No. or Name Boolean pressed by user and I should retrive the numeric values from 'Parameter.vi ' only when he presses Model no and when he presses Model; Name for editing the parameters a selected boolean must be passed from Main.vi to Parameter.vi so that appropriate case opens for editing the parameters..

But I am not able to pass a value or retrive from 'Parameter.vi', Hope u got my problem.

How can I do it??

Regards
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,461 Views)
Hi....Just to get some replies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,445 Views)
Hi....Just to get some replies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,442 Views)
Hi Alankar, To pass a value to a SubVI (in this case parameter.vi), connector pane must be defined for each of the inputs and outputs to be passed in and out. So I have modified the parameter.vi (Modified Parameter.vi) to accepts the boolean selector value by defining a connector pane for it. Also, it will be better to use an event structure rather than a case structure in the main.vi. An event structure can monitor change in the value of the selector buttons such that when a button is selected, the corresponding event is executed. In each of the event, a constant integer value can then be passed to the (modified parameter.vi) subVI. Checkout (Sample Main folder.zip). You can also configure the subVI to open when called in order to change the parameter by right-clicking the subVI and selecting "SubVI Node Setup". Regards Tunde A. Applications Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,422 Views)