LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a vi for stopping previous vi

hello,

my task is, i want to stop  the a.vi by calling b.vi ....i mean my application is running in a.vi and for closing tht application i have made b.vi. so how i will call b.vi to stop a.vi? please suggest. 

NOTE: I want to use two vi's compulsorily. so suggest accordingly. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,601 Views)

Hi Ajin,

run them in parallel.

I prefer FGVs for data exchange:check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,594 Views)

Be clear when using the word application.

If both vi's are in same application you can use queue to send stop message from vi b to vi a.

If both are in seperate application one simple method is to use TCP/IP.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,590 Views)

I didnt get it. will you please elaborate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,588 Views)

actually i am running a temperature.exe application in labview and i want to run it for 5 seconds then i want to close that exe file. this is the main task.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,584 Views)

This question sounds similar to this question.  If you hadn't posted in that thread I have suggested that you ask your classmate.  Is this a school assignment?  We need more details so we don't suggest a more complex solution than you require.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,582 Views)

are you trying to do it in development mode. IF its is the case both vi's will be in same application instance and you can pass data between them by using queues , notifier, FGVs.

If you are making two executable and try to stop one exe from other then data exchange through queues, notifier and FGVs will not be possible.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,579 Views)

i am posting both the vi's please have a look. i am running temperature vi and another vi contains logic for stopping it. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,570 Views)

Not able to open your vi's but i will give you just an idea, see how you can implement it.

run vi a and after that open and run vi b.

Click on stop a button on vi b. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,560 Views)

@Neos wrote:

Not able to open your vi's [...] 

He's just using System Exec to start & kill a Temp.exe.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,547 Views)