LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a VI by Reference, What does this mean "A subVI node only allows you to call a specific VI that is statically determined when you place the subVI node on the block diagram."

I'm using "calling a vi by reference" and so far I have some issues when I build stand alone applications. Reading help a found following sentece

"A subVI node only allows you to call a specific VI that is statically determined when you place the subVI node on the block diagram."

What does it mean?

Using LabView 2011 on Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,480 Views)

It's a rather complicated way of saying that when you place a subVI on a block diagram, that's the subVI that will be called. Contrast that with a call by reference, where you don't know at edit time which subVI will be called since that's determined by the reference at a run-time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,470 Views)

@DAVIDES wrote:

I'm using "calling a vi by reference" and so far I have some issues when I build stand alone applications

You problem is likely that either  A) you are forgetting to add the dynamically called vi to your build spec as an Always included file on the source files settings page; or B) you are using an absolute path that does not point to where the vi is in the build.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,460 Views)

Hi Jeff, indeed I had those problems but I already solved. Now what is happening is a problem with Visa Write. My vi works fine but in stand alonewhen a subvi call VisaWrite function doesn't continue (Im using remote debugging) . I check Error signal with a probe after VisaWrite and simply doesn't execute. I will try to figure out what is happening, otherwise I will open another thread.

Regards

David Escamilla

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Hi  DAVIDES:

Could you post this question in a different thread?? This will help us with the documentation and the Forum users can answer quicker.

Could you share this section of your code so we can review what's happening??

Thanks and have a great day!!!

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,418 Views)