LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call function from dll in labview

Hi All,
I have to get data from USB camera, I have following functions in DLL.
DLLINOUT HANDLE WINAPI CC_Open( LPCSTR CameraName , ULONG CameraNumber , CC_CAPTURE_MODE CaptureMode ) ;
and
DLLINOUT BOOL WINAPI CC_CaptureSingle( HANDLE Cam , PVOID Buffer , ULONG TransferSize , CC_TRIGGER_MODE TriggerMode , USHORT TimeOut , OVERLAPPED * pUserOverlapped );

When I open hardware with function cc_open I am getting handle to an object. How can I store this object and pass it to CC_CaptureSingle function?

Another question is when I call CC_CaptureSingle I am getting pointer on the 2 dimension array �PVOID buffer� how can I get this array in Labview?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,176 Views)
1. Handle is just a I32 in labview, you can use a local variable to store the value

2. you need to know the size of the pvoid buffer, initialize a 2D array (most likely it's going to be array of U8), pass it to the function. In the DLL setup, instead of using a scaler for the pvoid, you need to use "Array Poitner" for it.

Hope this helps,

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,176 Views)
Hi Teimur
I am postgraduate Research student. I try to operate CCf15 Camera by LabVIEW. I have same problem like you. Have you got any signal yet? Are you using C CAM camera (Victor International product). I got all functions outparameter one except CC_CaptureSignal. Its output still reamin zero.
I send LabVIEW code as attachment.
You comments will be helpful for me.
Regards
M Kamal
Postgrad
School of MME
DCU
Dublin
Ireland
mohammad.kamal2@mail.dcu.ie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,176 Views)
Hi Teimur
I am postgraduate Research student. I try to operate CCf15 Camera by LabVIEW. I have same problem like you. Have you got any signal yet? Are you using C CAM camera (Victor International product). I got all functions outparameter one except CC_CaptureSignal. Its output still reamin zero.
I send LabVIEW code as attachment.
You comments will be helpful for me.
Regards
M Kamal
Postgrad
School of MME
DCU
Dublin
Ireland
mohammad.kamal2@mail.dcu.ie"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,535 Views)

Hello,
I can contact you because I noticed that you've had a similar problem to mine with a USB camera (vector internationnal) Have you found a solution to declare the buffer. Do you have a correct VI for the "single capture.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,534 Views)

Hello,
I can contact you because I noticed that you've had a similar problem to mine with a USB camera (vector internationnal) Have you found a solution to declare the buffer. Do you have a correct VI for the "single capture.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,533 Views)