LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library function with Array Input in LV8.5 -- Changes to 8.2 ???

Hi,

I'm currently using LV8.2.1 and LV8.5 as well. Now I have a problem with the "Call library function node".
I have an example that is running well under 8.2.1. While Init-procedure, I'm calling a function that uses an U8-Array input.

Now, the same example is NOT running under LV 8.5 !

I heard of changes in 8.5: Calling function will now building arrays, so that the user doesn't need to build an array before.
The calling function now needs a NUMERIC (Array-Size) instead of the ARRAY !!! But, I am not able configure the calling function, without getting Errors.

Does anyone know about this new "feature". I couldn't find anything in help or 8.5 release files.

Thanks for any help.
Guido
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,358 Views)
Hello.. My name is Ken Riley and I did some of the work on the Call Library Node enhancements. As near as I can tell, you are trying to use the new, "Minimum size" control on your call. This control just allows the caller of the DLL to have LabVIEW automatically do the memory allocation for a one dimensional array which will be passed to the DLL. The "Minimum size" control is found on the Parameters tab of the Call Library Node configuration dialog for one dimensional arrays (as well as C String Pointers). The Call Library Node should function just as it has in the past if you do not choose to use this size control. If you DO choose to use this control, then it will just make sure that the allocation passed to the DLL can hold at least that many items - if an array with a larger allocation is wired to the input side then the larger allocation will just be passed across; If an array with an allocation that is smaller than this Minimum size then the allcation will be enlarged; If there is nothing connected to the input side then an allocation will be created of the minimum size. I am looking into improving the help information on this "Minimum size" control. Hope this helps, Ken
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,340 Views)