From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function

I am trying to configure a call library function. I choose the .dll. This gives me all the function names included in the dll library but the problem is when I go to the parameter tab the instructions for the dll specify that I need to point to a configuration file. I am having trouble pointing to the configuration file that evidently can be done by specifying the file name in the current parameter. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(535 Views)

Hi tbone52,

I haven't seen the Call Library function asking for the configuration file, can you show us? 

My Parameters tab always looks like this: 

Ajskrim_0-1651678039958.png

For the configuration of parameters you have two options -> either you know how a function in the DLL is built (and what parameters it contains) or you have the header/source file for the .dll and in that case you are able to use the importing wizard instead of configuring the Call Library function on your own.

I just have noticed, that the Configuring the Call Library Function Node document says, that If a type library is found, the parameters are updated to match the parameters found in the type library for the selected function. The order of the parameters must match the prototype of the function found in the library. (never tried though)

-Patrik
CLA || CTA
If it helps - Kudo it, if it answers - Mark As Solution
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(524 Views)