LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function errors and ag8614x driver

I have inherited a test program written in LabVIEW 7.1 running on a PC running Windows XP.

We don't have the CDs for LabVIEW 7.1 but do have a license for LabVIEW 8.5.1

I am developing on a PC running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit.

The test program makes use of VXI Plug and Play driver from Agilent.

I am able to locate that driver on the Keysight website and install the driver.

Unfortunately, this newer version is not the one used by the test program.

The old version VIs uses the Call Library Function which calls ag8614xb.dll

The new version VIs uses the Call Library Function which calls ag8614x_32.dll

I thought it would be a simple matter of changing all the calls to the new DLL.

But errors occur.

For example  ag8614x VXIPnp Error Converter.vi 

I initially get Call Library Function Node: library not found or failed to load.

So, I configure the Call Library Function node to find the DLL at C:\VXIPNP\WinNT\bin\ag8614x_32.dll and checked the checkbox for Specifiy path on diagram.

I then get the error One or more required inputs to this function are not wired or are wired incorrectly.

The inputs are two integers and a string. I cannot figure out what is causing the error.

The function prototype is   int32_t ag8614x_error_message(int32_t arg1, int32_t arg2, CStr arg3);   

If I don't check the checkbox for  Specifiy path on diagram , I get the error message Error loading "C:\VXIPNP\WinNt\bin\ag8614x_32.dll". A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,054 Views)

Hello,

I was able to find a KB that addresses the DLL initialization error. Take a look and see if you are able to make any progress.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E32D92BF5241A203862573000004E06F?OpenDocument

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,021 Views)

I found that KB in my internet search yesterday.

Interestingly, I have a DLL for another instrument ke2520.dll which shows almost the same missing file errors using DependencyWalker as the ag8614x_32.dll  and yet there are no problems reported by LabVIEW with the Keithley DLL.  The only difference is that the ag8614x_32.dll is also missing NISPYLOG.DLL

Which program installs NISPYLOG.DLL ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,016 Views)

I am used to working with the newer versions of LabVIEW.

I forgot that the older versions require a separate installation of NI-VISA.

Once I installed NI-VISA 5.0.3 -- version compatible with LabVIEW 8.5.1 -- and chose the location of the the DLL the VI loaded without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,991 Views)

That's great to hear. Good detective work. 

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,983 Views)