From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function - Function not found in library

Hello,

I am working with a .dll in LabView 5.1. I finished a little program that should give me the number of CPCI-cards in a PXI-machine. But now i always get the error messages "Call Library Function - Function not found in library". I know it is threated several times bfore on this forum, but i didn't exactly find a sollution that solved my problem.
The .dll is documented and i can see the function names by opening the .dll with Quick View. I have checked (a hundred times) the names i typed in and they are correct (=equal to manual of .dll and to Quick View, so we can skip that).
What else could be wrong? What can i do?

Regards,

Klaas Engels
student
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,625 Views)
I'm not sure if it's a reason, but once I had the same error. In my case the reason was in that DLL function was actually named with additional suffix letter "A", and then digging through MS documentation I've found an explanation that MS uses desired function with one or another suffix depending on usage contents and data type. Adding that suffix was solved the problem.

This was not obvios because in DLL description there was no mentions at all and function name was given generally, i.e. without any suffix at all, assuming every user should be MS guru.
Sergey
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,624 Views)
I used to had that problem too. For me, wiring all the inputs - even if what I expect is an output - usually solve the problem. For example, if one of your variables outputs a string, wire a constant empty string as the input; if it is a number, wire a constant number (zero is an usual input). In other words, always provide an initial value to a variable.

Hope this help.

Regards;
E. Vargas
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,624 Views)