LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Chain Error 7

I am using LV8.5 and have a project that I've been using consistently to build and exe file.  I then added some code to allow for command line arguments to be passed in, and I get the dreaded Error 7.  Here is the error text that I see, and attached is a png of the code I added.

LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: .

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - TSCx.vi. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.

<Call Chain>Error 7 occurred at AB_Engine_HandleLinkErrors.vi -> AB_Engine_Update_Source_from_Linker.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:CalculateDependencies.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Page_Preview.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

=========================

NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,571 Views)

You have a VI reference you added for TSCx Main.  What is the path for this file?  Do you have it at the location where it is looking for it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,567 Views)

Just to be sure, I right-clicked on the reference and re-did the Browse For Path, and still receive the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,562 Views)

Is it possible the path to the file is too long, or on a completely different branch of the file hierarchy?

Search for error 7 and build.  This error has come up numerous times before due to one of a few reasons.  Perhaps this thread will help.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-7-during-the-build-LV-8-6/m-p/1670728/highlight/true#M595880

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,559 Views)

That link that was referenced had a couple of ideas.  I tried the file path length issue by pointing to a file right at the root of my d-drive (d:\InstrHandle.vi).  It's not the same file as original, but I was just trying to rule out the path length.  It still complained.  In fact, the original path with filename was only 50ch.  I also tried a mass compile.  No luck.  It's just bizzare to me that if I remove that block of code, the build works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,548 Views)

I started adding little pieces at a time (from the original block).  The build process was successful until I got to the Static VI Reference.  I didn't even have the Invoke Node added yet.  Just the Static VI reference (I put it inside a true/false case statement), and the build bombs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,546 Views)

I didn't think to ask this question because I think I did a very similar thing in another application .... Anyway, can the static VI reference reference the same VI where the static reference resides?  I'm thinking the answer is no.  Once I pointed to a different VI (in another folder), I was able to successfully build.  However, I'm trying to pass in a number of command line parameters and kick off this VI (i.e. its front panel title, minimize, etc).  How else would I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,544 Views)

When I changed the Static VI Reference to a VI Server Reference, the build was successful, though I'm not entirely sure why

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,543 Views)

Are you saying that the reference was to the VI it was inside of?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,539 Views)

yes.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,530 Views)