LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrate multiple channels in one DAQ

Hi eveybody, I need to calibrate 6 channels at once, I am measuring voltage, the adquisition is by Labview 2009, using DAQmx, when I am doing a calibration, all channels must be calibrated in one time, this is for 2 reasons,

1- time for doing it separetly is a lot.

2- the values from calibration to calibration vary a lot (according to time)

Can you do this?, If answer is no, what can I do...

And other question, can I get a calibration using a calibration report from other calibration?.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,554 Views)
When you say "calibration" do you mean zeroing them out, like you would tare a scale?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,516 Views)

amm no, I mean by calibration, to set the 0 level, enter voltage (commit calibration value), then move to a still X level my experiment, for example X= 5cm, so the voltage goes to 5.4422 (the commit calibration value), then other 4 movements in the level of my experiment with still level, (I always use water in a tank), so, when I do this using Labview calibration option, I have to do this over and over again with 6 channels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,460 Views)

Hi alepaladio,

I'm not undersanding clearly what you are trying to acomplish.

As Mike said are you measuring certain distance that you want to set as a relative zero? Are the 4 other measurements taken to create a scale to converto voltage to distance?? With this information we will be able to help you in a more efficient way. 

Hope this helps clarify the application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,427 Views)