LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation

Hello

I am a new user of LabView (2018) and I have an assignment to do but I cannot work it out. I have to work out the total surface area and volume of a few shapes. If anyone could help me out by showing me an example of a shape e.g. total surface area and volume of a cylinder or cone or pyramid. I would be so grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,318 Views)

Hi Haneen,

I have an assignment to do but I cannot work it out.

Why can't you?

Don't you have books on geometry in a library next to you?

Can't you use a search engine of your choice to find the formulas you need?

I have to work out the total surface area and volume of a few shapes. If anyone could help me out by showing me an example of a shape e.g. total surface area and volume of a cylinder or cone or pyramid. I would be so grateful.

Example formulas for a cylinder…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,305 Views)

I do have the formulas for all the shapes that are needed but we have to create a VI on labview that must work with any numbers entered 

Message 3 of 8
(3,283 Views)

Hi Haneen,

we have to create a VI on labview that must work with any numbers entered

And what is your problem?

What have you tried?

Where are you stuck?

Why don't you attach your current VI? (Please save a down-converted version in LV2014 (edit menu -> save for previous…) and attach that to your message.)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,275 Views)

I didn’t save the VI that wasn’t working but I can attach the question 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,270 Views)

Hi Haneen,

I didn’t save the VI that wasn’t working

Then recreate the VI from scratch!

We will not do your homework…

but I can attach the question 

Those are very basic questions.

And you surely can solve them after taking the beginner courses offered in the "Training" section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

You still don't answer the questions:

What have you tried?

Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,263 Views)

@Haneen312 wrote:

I do have the formulas for all the shapes that are needed but we have to create a VI on labview that must work with any numbers entered 

Well if you have the formulas then you just need to look closely at the Numeric palette for all of the standard arithmetic operators.

Also in the Structures palette you will find the "Formula Node", that could also be very useful to you... 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,244 Views)

@Haneen312 wrote:

No, you have to create five VIs, one for each shape. Do one from scratch, ensure it works correctly, make copies, and do the others from the copies with minor changes. Since the inputs are lengths, I would limit the inputs to positive numbers (and maybe zero).

Assuming you don't have problems with the math, you seem to have problems wiring it up. Did you miss the first few classes? Maybe you can get the lecture notes from elsewhere. If all else fails, there are plenty of LabVIEW tutorials that can get you started. Look for the various links under "LabVIEW training resources" here.

See how far you get. Once you have a program and it does not work right, post it here and we will point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,232 Views)