LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating the speed of a motor

I have a sample motor calculated data in the file and i need to find out the speed in km/hr from the amplitude. Can anyone please help me out. I had also attached a vi in which you can get the amplitude values from that we need to calculate the speed. 

chandrakanth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,205 Views)

Hi,

Please send the 2015 version of your program.

Regards,

Fred.

Kudos are welcome!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,157 Views)

What is the relationship between this amplitude and the speed?  What kind of sensor are you using?  What does the measurement system look like?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,150 Views)

Actually i dont know the relationship between the amplitude and the speed. I am using the speedometer sensor. Coming to the hardware I used the CDaq- 9172 chassis in which we used the 9219 module.

chandrakanth

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,136 Views)

Here is the 2015 version vi.

chandrakanth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,135 Views)

Hi Chandu,

i dont know the relationship between the amplitude and the speed.

Neither do we…

I am using the speedometer sensor.

Which sensor? Do you have a datasheet of that sensor?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,126 Views)

Hi,

Try to describe your vi. 

Speedometer is a gauge that measures the instantaneous speed and not the rotative speed.

• Firstly, when you want to use a sensor, you must consider the datasheet to choose the best acquisition unit for your measure. send us the datasheet of your sensor. We will be able to do relationship between data that we acquire and speed.
  • secondly, you are using module NI 9219, don't forget the maximal sampling rate of the module (Use the datasheet of the module).

Finaly, When you will have the instantaneous speed you will be able to calculate the rotative speed by the formular :

n = V/(2.pi.R) 

V : lineaire speed (m/s)

R : radius of the wheel (m)

n : rotative speed (tr/s)

Let me know if you have another question.

Regards,

Fred.

Kudos are welcome!Smiley Wink

@Chandu29

@Chandu29

@Chandu29
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,112 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,107 Views)

@Chandu29 wrote:

Here are the datasheets of the acquired data.

I think those would typically be referred to as datasets. The datasheets needed are provided by the manufacturer of the sensor, and give technical information about inputs, outputs, operation methods, power requirements, and so on.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,105 Views)