LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO 9146 Configuration in Real time

I am trying to connect CRIO to network through ethernet  and detecting it in NI MAX under remote systems but I am unable to see it in NIMAX under remote systems. can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,173 Views)

"I can detect it ....  I am unable to see it ..."

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense.  It sounds like you are contradicting yourself.

Can you attach a screenshot of MAX that shows us what you are talking about?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,156 Views)

My first guess is that you have the wrong IP configuration on your computer's network adapter.

Quoting from the manual/startup guide:

The first time you power up the chassis, it attempts to initiate a DHCP network connection. If
the chassis is unable to initiate a DHCP connection, it connects to the network with a linklocal IP address with the form 169.254.x.x. After powerup, you must install software on
the chassis and configure the network settings in Measurement & Automation Explorer
(MAX).

If this is the first time you're connecting, and you're attaching it directly to your computer, you quite likely don't have a DHCP server available. As a result, you must configure your PC's network adapter to be on a network (and subnet) that can reach 169.254.x.x.

Try setting your IPv4 local IP address to something like 169.254.1.10 and your subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 on your local PC.

Then you should be able to reconfigure the cRIO to use whatever IP address you'd like.

Alternatively, you can connect both the PC and the cRIO to a network with a DHCP server (but this might be undesirable for a number of reasons, like you don't want to put your cRIO on your internet-connected network, and you don't have a local DHCP server handy).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,131 Views)