LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO 9068 Arduino RS 232 Communication issues

I am trying to read from an arduino on a crio 9068. I have written a piece of code that works just fine when I am running on my laptop. However when i move the project onto a real time target each visa read timeouts.

I am wondering if I have to do something to make the port work in max or something, the resource name is there in the VISA resource name constant which leads me to believe that the RIO has all the software it needs on it. 

Also, I am using a usb adapter with a usb to serial adapter from the arduino to the rio, could this cause a driver issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(858 Views)

Hey Dbowman,

I'm assuming we have VISA etc. installed as you're able to successfully put the VISA functions on and run them.

What's the timeout set to? Do we ever receive any communication or does it fail on the first VISA Write/Read? Are you able to run other VISA examples?

Which side of the USB-Serial adapter is where? The USB port on that cRIO is typically used for storage/peripherals so I'm not sure how it'll react to a serial adapter. I think most Arduino boards come with serial pins anyway; can we use a direct port?

Cheers,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(783 Views)