From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC5 bit calculation

Solved!
Go to solution

As you mentioned, there are numerous CRC algorithms, and people apply them incorrectly all the time.  Without knowledge of the specific application, someone could have used what they called CRC-5 USB on byte data, but never implemented it correctly.  I have seen so many incorrect implementations of CRC's, it is a frustrating thing to see, especially if the customer gives no examples of it.  As long as the mistake is mad eon both ends, it doesn't really matter, right?

I suspect you are correct that since my code is designed for message data, it operates on bytes.  The USB CRC is very specific to one 11-bit value.  I can get some of the examples you provided to match by tweaking settings, and get others to match tweaking others, but couldn't find one solution that covered them all.  Again, I think it is because I am operating on 8-bit data sets.  Even if I changed the code to work on 16-bit data sets, I could not find a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(422 Views)