From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU usage rises in LabVIEW executable

I had a similar situation and was able to replicate the symptoms by the following:

1. Connect via Remote Desktop at one resolution.
  2. Launch the application.
  3. Minimize the application.
  4. Close the Remote Desktop connection.
  5. Reconnect via Remote Desktop at a different resolution.
  6. Watch the Task Manager as the application consumes all of its processor CPU.

My fix:  Disallow the user from minimizing the application window.

LabVIEW2012SP1.f5

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(918 Views)

Capture.PNG

Discovering this thread for the first time.... How come NI is still using deprecated property nodes in it's express vi's?

Message 32 of 35
(865 Views)

There's a lot in there that could be cleaned up quite a bit.  But NI only has so many resources.  They are busy working on other issues.  These should be eventually looked at again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(850 Views)

Hi Transfererror,

For the issue of LabView taking and holding high CPU your final message in the thread was "Finally I'm happy: with Labview 2013 I don't have this problem anymore 🙂"

We are facing the same issue .We were in LabView 2010 and there was no issue. We then moved to LabView 2015 SP1 and are facing the same issue you mentioned. We replaced the FrontPanel  property with Invoke Node. Still the issue remains. Could you help us with some information on how you resolved this? 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(588 Views)

Hello sha3feb,

I cannot say anything about Labview 2015. But I have to say, that the problem also didn't disappear in Labview 2013 completely. But I only have it once in let's say two weeks. That's ok for me.

I'm wondering that NI didn't fix it in the meantime. So I suggest to contact their support directly.

Best regards

transfererror

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(581 Views)