From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU problem while using Transport Delay in Simulation Loop

Hi
When I use the Transport Delay block in the Simulation Loop, the CPU is increasing till it finally goes to 100% CPU usage after a while.
Do I have to make sure that the Transport Delay block gets to finish before next timestep of the simulation loop?

I observed that the VI time for the Transport delay Distributor core is increasing while the program is running.
What can i do to make sure that this does not increase?

It has crossed my mind that the Configuration Parameters of the Simulation Loop may be wrong. What is important when I choose values for the different parameters?

Thanks for the answers

Morten
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,129 Views)

Morten,

A Simulation loop (as well as a conventional While loop) will typically run as fast as possible until a simulation is complete.  This will take 100% CPU usage, unless you configure the timing parameters of the loop to run at a specific rate.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the VI time for the Transport Delay Distributor core is increasing.  If you could post your Simulation VI, I can take a look at it and possibly give suggestions on how to best configure it.  The ideal Simulation parameters are specific to what sort of system you are trying to simulate, so I cannot say more without knowing more about what you are trying to do.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,117 Views)