From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R Testing Section

I was looking through the CLD-R practice exams, and there is a section on Testing.

It includes Functional, Performance, Stress, Usability, Regression Configuration, Integration and Error.

Does anyone know where I can find out what NI defines each of these tests?  I cant find it anywhere on the site or in the Help section.  I must be typing in something incorrectly.

Thanks.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,506 Views)

These are found in the LabVIEW courses manuals. I am not sure which ones but it's in one of the LabVIEW specific courses. A general understanding of these concepts through wikipedia should be enough for the exam I would think.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,491 Views)

Kenny,

Please email certification@ni.com for any questions you may have about the test. They will be able to assist you.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,462 Views)

I have this same question.  Was this ever resolved?  I can't find all of these definitions in wikipedia.org, and are we sure that the definitions match?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,423 Views)

Immercd1,

My best suggestion would be the same as Kyle's, above: get in touch with certification@ni.com for these details.

Regards.

National Instruments
Message 5 of 8
(3,391 Views)

I know this is an old thread but I am having same problem while trying to study for my CLD-R.

Question 29. What method of testing is shown in the figure below?

1. Functional Testing

2. Integration Testing

3. Configuration Testing

4. Performance Testing

The diagram for question 29 could very well be testing the configuration of the VI shown which is NOT the correct answer,  just another TRICK question.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,145 Views)

Ha...found this when looking for something completely different!

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361N-01/lvdevconcepts/testing_guidelines/

Certified LabVIEW Developer
LabVIEW 7.1 - Present
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,137 Views)

I was also searching for this topic... here is what I have gathered:

• Functional testing: Validates that the software meets the functional requirements. Pass an input to the VI and compare its output with the expected values.
  • Performance testing: Validate that the program meets minimum performance requirements, such as execution time, memory usage, etc.
  • Stress testing: Validate the program outside its design limits to find where unexpected failures may occur.
  • Usability testing: Evaluate the user-friendliness of the program, involving end user access to the application to obtain useful feedback.
  • Regression testing: Tests the application whenever new features are added to ensure existing features are not impacted.
  • Configuration testing: Validate the system in different software configurations, such as different hardware, screen resolutions, operating systems, etc.
  • Reliability testing: Verify that the application functions in a non-development environment. It involves alpha and beta testing.
  • Integration testing: Tests code modules within the system as a whole, as they are developed. In top-down integration testing, test the high-level VIs first and move down the hierarchy. In bottom-up integration testing, test the low-level VIs first and move up the hierarchy. Top-down requires creating stub VIs to fill in for VIs that are not developed. Bottom-up requires creating test VIs to call the low-level VIs.
---
SergioR
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,546 Views)