From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN_L and CAN_H are the same

Hello,

I have a PCI-CAN/LS2 in my PC desktop and I'm trying to communicate with EPOS2 controller to move a MAXON EC40 motor.

I reached to read a CAN message trought my PCI-CAN card but I can't send a message correctly. To understand what the problem is, I have measured CAN_L and CAN_H wires with my oscilloscope and they look verry similar. Even more, when I display the difference between the two signals I have 0 and a little bit noise... I made this experience with the can_transmit_periodic_wf2.vi example.

I think my PCI-CAN card send the same messages on CAN_L and CAN_H.I think it's a configuration problem.

I've seen on internet that there exist a single wire CAN but it's looks not to be an option I can configure.

Does have anyone an idea?

WIPER

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,995 Views)

Hi Wiper,

There are different physical layer standards for CAN - see here.

Your LS2 CAN card is a Low-Speed device (ISO 11898-3) but the EPOS2 is a High-Speed device (ISO 11898-2).  I'm afraid I don't think you'll be able to get the two to communicate.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,975 Views)