LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Modell STEP

Hello

does anyone know if it is possible to load and display STEP files with a CAD in LabWindows or LabView?

If not, does anyone know an alternative how this could be done with LabWindows or LabView with a third party product?

Thx in advance

OZ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,040 Views)

Are you wanting to display 3D models in LabVIEW or just 2D representations? And is this only for display purposes or are you trying to integrate the STEP file into a program?

This KB shows how to import and display 3D models using a *.stl file (not the same I know, but might be helpful).

dK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,022 Views)

Hello Daniel

If it is possible I want to display 3D models, only for display purposes, and if possible I want to manage the colour of the surfaces, that means, some surfaces in red some in green for example.

best regards

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,017 Views)

@OZ_68

If it is possible I want to display 3D models, only for display purposes, and if possible I want to manage the colour of the surfaces, that means, some surfaces in red some in green for example.

So I would definitely take a look at the KB I linked above. I know that it's referencing STL files but it might give some hints into how to do the same for a STEP file. As for changing the color of the surfaces of the model once it's imported into LabVIEW, I can assume that that is going to be incredibly difficult (if even possible).

I would recommend seeing what you can come up with and then posting/asking specific questions or problems you run into. That will make it easier for the community to help out.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,012 Views)