LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built Application and Error 302208

I have an issue with an application that works fine in the development enviroment , but , when I build it into a stand alone application it throws about 35 302208 errors saying that it needs the full development version of LabVIEW to solve the problem when you try to run the app. This application uses Classes , DAQmx (this seems to be were the issue is) and some Serial comms and Report Generation , although i removed the Report Generation section for now. I have looked around on NI and there isnt too much regarding this error. I am running LabVIEW 8.6.1 and NI-DAQ 8.8. I am not explicitly calling any .dll's or .NET.

I have mass compiled the project , removed any bad files , fixed dependency errors that I saw , rebuilt the project but it still throws these errors , any suggestions ?

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,499 Views)

Hi Dan,

The error is sometimes thrown if you don't have the correct Run-Time engine (RTE) installed. Double check that the RTE versions are the same on both the development and target machine. As well, it would be worth a try to build the application while ensuring that all of the options are de-selected from the Additional Exclusions stage of the build process, since this some times cause this error to show up. 

Also, take a look at this thread and see their suggestion works for you as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,467 Views)

Were you able to resolve this problem? I seem to be having the same problem. Here is what I see: My app runs fine in the development environment, and the application builds without complaint. But when I run it, it first asks me to "Find the CLIB Named "UI.lvclass" (this is one of the 5 classes I have included). I assist and then it continues. It then pops up a full screen of repeating error messages "VI has an error of type XXX. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors." In my case XXX is equal to 1002208 (once), then 1022208 (once), and finally 302208 with over 250 instances before the screen fills up.

Here are some details of what I'm doing, and things I've tried based on some other forum postings: 

I am running the exe on the same machine on which it is developed and built. I'm using LabVIEW 8.6.1 and verified that the run-time engine is the same version.

I am using 5 classes. Two of these are in LLBs.

I've created separate destination directories for each class.

I'm using the default settings for additional exclusions:

(unchecked) Disconnect type definitions

(checked) Remove unused polymorphic VI instances

(checked) Remove unused members of project libraries

(checked) Modify project library file after removing unused members

I tried to build with all these unchecked but the build itself didn't complete, as there were some files it could not find.

Any ideas or suggestions? Also, are there descriptions for these error codes - I couldn't find any?

Thanks much!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,372 Views)

Hi,

These codes are normally associated with missing run time engines. Are you using any other modules such as Vision or DSC that would require a run time engine?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,346 Views)

Olivia,

No, I am not using any other modules other than DAQmx and Math as far as I know.

I was able to get past the errors by changing the settings in the additional exclusions. The change I made relative to the default is shown in red:

(checked) Disconnect type definitions

(checked) Remove unused polymorphic VI instances

(checked) Remove unused members of project libraries

(checked) Modify project library file after removing unused members

Earlier I had tried a few other combinations without success, but disconnecting the type definitions did the trick. I am still curious as the what the problem was - I don't have any issues with type definitions conflicting or getting confused when I am running in the development environment.

You mentioned these codes are normally associated with missing run time engines. Can you point me to where these are listed and descriptions for them? I was really flying blind without any idea what the problem was. I couldn't find any set of error codes that covered these.

Thanks, John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,342 Views)

Hi John,

I found the descriptions for these codes in some internal documents which I, unfortunately, won't be able to point you to. However, if you want to know why disconnecting the type definitions did the trick, I'll likely have to ask the developers about it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,327 Views)

Olivia,

If you could find out from the developers why the type definition disconnect helped, that would be great.  While happy that I got past the problem for now, I am very uneasy about having no idea why it helped, since I don't even know what the error code descriptions are for and from what you tell me they sound completely unrelated. I need to have some confidence that this is solving a real problem and not masking some larger underlying issue with my code. I cannot afford to have the problem pop up again!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,304 Views)

Hi John,

I'm going to need a little bit more information from you. Are you, at all, using an type definitions in you application? I know you mentioned that you don't have any type def confusions or errors in the original program but I just want to clarify whether you are using any of these controls. If you so, are they included within the project?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,281 Views)
I use quite a few type definitions, usually strict type definitions. These are usually included as part of a class, and in some cases the same name is reused in different classes. Since they are part of the class this is not a problem in the development environment, and because I have created different destination directories for each class it also doesn't seem to be an issue for the build (LV used to complain a lot about renaming before I created the destination directories). There are some typedefs that are not part of classes, but these get included by reference, I believe.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,273 Views)
Is it possible for you to post one of the classes?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,259 Views)