LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building with .NET Control, Issue With Reinitialize Default Values

Hey, all,

I have a VI with a built-in .NET 2.0 control on the front panel (System.Windows.Forms.Panel).  This VI will be run and aborted as needed as needed by the main program.  To reduce loading time, the VI is kept in memory by opening and storing a constant refnum to it.  Every time I want to run it, I call the Reinitialize to Default Values method first so that it's similar to "loading it fresh".  This works fine in the development environment.  I can use the reference from the .NET control to do everything I need to do.

The issue comes when I build the application.  In built form, the control's refnum becomes invalid as soon as the Reinitialize to Default Values method is called.  I've attached a test VI I wrote that exemplifies the issue in its basic form.  Running and building in LV 2011 SP1 produces the issue I've described.

Is this a known issue?  I've spent a fairly extensive amount of time researching this and have run out of ideas.  I can think of several work-arounds but would prefer a more elegant solution if I can find one.

I'd appreciate any insight I could get into this matter.

Thanks,

Steven I
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,070 Views)