LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building application exe USB-9215 DAQmxBase LabView7.1 errors

Hello

I’ve been building DAQ applications using the NI 4-channel USB 9215 module. It has a sampling rate of 20ks/sec and with four channels the maximum I can sample per channel is 5000s/sec.

It works with no problems at this rate and lower rates, however when I compile an application and run it, I get the following message:

Onboard device memory overflow. Because of system and/or bus bandwith limitations, the driver could not read data from the device fast enough to keep up with the device throughput. Error code: -200361

This message appears irrespective of the sampling rate, even down to 1s/sec !!. I’m using Labview 7.1 with the ‘DAQmx Base Read.vi’ in a while loop. The PC spec is very high and no other applications are running. The PC has 4 USB ports; only two are in use, one for a mouse, the other for the 9215.

Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,301 Views)
Hi there,

What operating system are you running on and what service pack version?

It seems that there have been occurences of errors similar to this (with other USB devices 9201/9221) reported on machines with Windows XP service pack 1. In particular the version of the Windows file usbehci.sys, as reported in the following knowledge base article.

If this applies to your situation, I would suggest upgrading the service pack as recommended in the knowledge base article and see if this helps.

Regards

Hannah
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,285 Views)

Hi Hannah

Thanks for that advice.

The operating system is MS XP Proffessional with SP2, running on a Dell Latitude D810 with 1GB of ram.

I've checked the version of 'usbehci.sys' and it is ver 5.1.2600.2180

The program runs fine from Labview (uncompiled), I only get the error with the compiled version!

I have a demostration comming soon and I really need the compiled version.

Regards

Adrian

P.S: other compiled programs that don't use any DAQ from H/W run ok in a compiled state.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,280 Views)
This is a stab in the dark, but could it be the issue reported in KB article 3E4FFJTY relating to changing the build settings for USB-92XX Bulk Reader.VI?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,270 Views)
Hi

Funny you should mention that because I tried setting bulk reader to NO and the DAQ started to work ok with the built application.

A small problem: I generate a single exe file that runs ok now, however if I copy just that file to another drive on the same machine, it won't run and complains about config.vi, write.vi, start.vi, wait.vi and clear.vi being missing. Do you know how build a completely stand alone exe file to run ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,260 Views)

Hi,

I also experienced some problems months ago with building EXE with a USB-6008.

I just want to add the the latest NI-DAQ 7.5 provides support for USB devices with DAQ-Mx functions, you don't have  to use necessarily the Daq-Mx Base functions. This espands the funtionality of the device and the built executable  is much smaller, it doesn't embedd the enourmus buch of vis like with Mx BaseSmiley Wink.

About your second 'small problem' , you should copy in the same folder of the EXE file also the DATA folder created by the App. Builder.

Alberto

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,251 Views)