LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a stand alone application

I do not know why I can not build the exe. I really need help.

Message Edited by nicholas03 on 02-22-2009 08:59 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,491 Views)

Is this an application build or an installer build. The error messages mention adding files to the installer. What is in the application that you are trying to build? Anything unusual, toolboxes, platform etc... Can you remove parts of it and get the build done sucessfully?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 18
(3,485 Views)

Hi Nicholas,

I like Mike's suggestion to debug the Installer build by removing individual parts to find a culprit. In the meantime, can you enable CDK.EnableLog=true in your LabVIEW.ini file. Restart LabVIEW and reproduce the build error. Then attach the log file to this thread. It should be located in your %temp% folder with a name that matches the build specification (e.g. My Installer.log).

Once I get that file, hopefully I'll have more suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob

Message 3 of 18
(3,452 Views)

Hi Nicholas,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using, along with which OS? Also do you have an automatic backup system running on you machine? If you do,try disabling it andthen un the installer again. Thanks.

Regards,

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
Message 4 of 18
(3,435 Views)
Thanks for your installer insights! I did reduce the number of errors but am still working on it.

AAE_7885 wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using, along with which OS? Also do you have an automatic backup system running on you machine? If you do,try disabling it andthen un the installer again. Thanks.

Regards,

I am using version 8.6 with Windows Vista.

Message Edited by nicholas03 on 02-25-2009 09:09 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,405 Views)

I am still unable to run my setup installer for my application.  I keep having this window shown below pop-up when I run the setup.exe. The "Application" part the the program works fine.

I suspect the problem is in the My Installer Properties Window.  In the Source Files category. 

Message Edited by nicholas03 on 03-16-2009 08:56 PM
Message Edited by nicholas03 on 03-16-2009 08:59 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,330 Views)

I tried building an application and installer for a very simple Vi just to test the procedure.  The destination for the installer and the application exe was a flash drive. The attachment has the error message that I obtained this time.  I also reloaded the drivers for the hardware.  I reread the Basics II instructions but still could not build the installer.

Please help.

Message Edited by nicholas03 on 03-17-2009 07:49 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,289 Views)

Thanks Nicholas,

I see you provided the contents of your .log file created while building an installer for a very simple VI. I will investigate further and let you know what I find.

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,267 Views)

Nicholas,

About how large is that flash drive you're using? 10 MB, 100 MB, 1GB? You might be getting this error because you're running out of space, although I would expect a more descriptive error if that were the case. Would be helpful to know.

There's a system-wide log I'd like to get from your machine as well. If you're on XP, it should be located under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Installation Logs. Just zip the folder "Installation Logs" and attach it here if you could please. If you're on Vista, you'll have to translate "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\" to whatever Vista uses for public application data. Thanks.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,247 Views)

Alright, let's try this one more time 🙂

I mistook your user log for your debug log. I would like for you to perform the following steps (ignoring my last two posts):

1) Open your LabVIEW.ini file

2) Add the token CDK.EnableLog=true

3) Restart LabVIEW.exe

4) Reproduce the build error

5) Open your temp folder: Start >> Run >> %temp% >> click OK

6) Locate your Installer debug log file (e.g. My Installer.log)

The contents of this log file will look a lot like the text you posted the screenshot of earlier. Except this debug log will (presumably) contain more information. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

PS If any forum moderators or admins are looking, please include a feature on these forums allowing users to edit/delete their own posts.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,225 Views)