From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build problem with inputDevices.llb

I have a main vi that dynamically launches another vi. The dynamically launched vi contains keyboard related functions that are found in the c:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\Utility\inputDevices.llb. Executing within the LabVIEW 2010 environment presents no problems. However, when I build the main vi to an exe and run it, the dynamically launched vi is broken. When I click the broken arrow it pops up a message saying:

Missing subvi Initialize Keyboard.vi

Missing subvi Keyboard Acquire.vi

Missing subvi Close Keyboard.vi

I have not been able to figure this one. I'm guessing I'm missing some obvious reason for it

?

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,400 Views)

Hi JHaas,

is your dynamically loaded vi part of your executable?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,383 Views)

Yes. The executeable or main vi as I called it, dynamically launches the other vi. When I created the executeable I included the vi in the build procedure.

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,374 Views)

Can you validate that the Input VIs are listed under the dependencies section of you LabVIEW Project? I would have expected that they would be included with the Run-Time Engine. But if not, and if they aren't listed under dependencies, you can find and add them to the Project manually, and specify that they are Always Included within your build specification.

If that's not the case, let me know and I'll try to reproduce it as well.

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,361 Views)