LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build .net dll with specific interface

I'm new to .net dll's so I have tried to get familiar with it by working with simple examples. There are a few of them available and everything worked properly.

My task is to replicate a .net dll for a third party software with LabView. The third party dll is a dummy (everything necessary exists, functions are empty) and I have the corresponding C# code. Therefore, I can compare the behaviour of the dummy dll and self-build dll's in LV. In the image you can see the constructor node of the dummy dll.

GMC example.png

It contains a Input which was never the case in any LV build .net dll I found and I wasn't able to create this kind of constructor. My C# knowledge is below 0, but I guess the problem is something with the definition of the interface. Here the beginning of the dummy dll's code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ExampleMotor  // do not change !!!
{

public class ExampleMotorControl : ExampleMotorController    

{
        // status flag definition 

protected int m_UID;

/*
The constructor gets the axis number (UID) for identification from the third party software
This UID will be present as the first parameter of all methods to simplify the assignment of the command to the axis. 
*/
        public ExampleMotorControl(int UID)
        {
           m_UID = UID;
        }

// dummy function definitions from here

For me it looks like I'm failing to build in LV the appropriate contructor. I thought this would be a common problem, but wasn't able to find more information. Any ideas?

LV 2018
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,642 Views)