From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build installer problem - locate System Driver Set - May 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I'm using LabVIEW 2016 (64-bit) and am trying to make an installer. During the setup, under Additional Installers, LabVIEW suggests only:

• NI LabVIEW Runtime 2016 (64-bit)
  • NI-488.2 Runtime 15.5
  • NI-VISA Runtime 15.5

When I begin the build, I get a request to locate a number of other installers, which (so far as I know) I've located, but the one that I am being asked for now, I cannot find: "National Instruments System Driver Set - May 2016".

Installer problem.png

The only driver sets that I can find on ni.com end at April 2015 and that file is massive (over 4GB), which seems like overkill for what I'm trying to do.

Also, my software only makes use of the RS-232 port and no other hardware.

My questions are:

Where can I find this driver set?

Is there a way to more accurately see what driver the build is looking for?

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,224 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ARL00000000000000

-I just googled a bit and found this

-From the above link i just went to parent directory and found this:ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fis/sds/2016.05 which i believe it is asking for and it is even bigger 11GB.

p.s. I am not sure whether this will help or not.

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 6
(3,203 Views)

Hi udka,

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl and see what results.

(Why are these files so BIG!)

Best,

Adrian

Message 3 of 6
(3,198 Views)

It's big because the driver set is a DVD that would contain all of the drivers you might need, and a DVD is typically over 4GB.  An entire LabVIEW installation typically ships with about 5-8 DVD's.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,189 Views)

Hi Ravens,

But then there is something silly happening, because I used the flash drive in install LV2016 and a downloaded VISA16 installer.

To build an installer should then not require something that is not available on one of those installers. I had no such problems with LV2015 (which is how I am currently deploying).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,186 Views)

Ok guys,

After work yesterday I thought about it and it didn't seem to make sense that I wouldn't have easy access to this driver set. This morning I scratched around all of my NI flash disks and DVD's and arrived upon a flash drive marked: "NI System Driver Set 2016.05", which is 11.4GB and matches that link.

I used it as the source for the installer and it works 100%.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,160 Views)