Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to build an .exe file Labview gives me the error listed below:

An error occurred while saving the following file:

E:\SourceCode\LV\WaferChar\Work\Prgm\_WaferChar.vi

Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_CreateNewWizard_Invoke_CORE.vi->EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi->EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>Save:Target Instrument</b>

No more, no less Smiley Sad

Any idea what's going wrong?

I already shorten the paths to the maximum!

This is the longest path to the VI's I've made: E:\SourceCode\LV\WaferChar\Work\Prgm

Far from the 255 allowed.

Thanks for any reaction!

I'm using LV 8.6

Message 1 of 20
(10,304 Views)

Hello,

I don't want to sound like Microsoft's technical support but I've had similar issues and the solution what to close LabVIEW and relaunch it, then the build process would go fine.

Have you already built an EXE from this project before, did it work fine? Have you made big changes since?

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 20
(10,298 Views)

Thanks for your reaction!

I already closed LV, even delete the build and remake it, nothing helped so far.

Some weeks ago I indeed succeed to make an EXE out of that project but changed a lot to the project.
Changes are: a) new code, b) new type def's, c) new vi's but all in same location.

Information from the "Details" window

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

I can run all of my code with no problems, so where is the "bad VI" ???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(10,288 Views)

@Alain S wrote:
[...]

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.[...]

This sounds like that there is a VI which is either not executable or it must be compiled first before it could be used in the application.

So maybe a mass compile on your project sources can help in either solve or at least identify the VI which is considered to be bad.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(10,274 Views)

Don't "worry", I'm battling those as I write this. Just turn on the Build log, and the last VI before the error, is the one "causing it". Then "the fun" begins. If it has SubVIs, use "Diagram disable" structure to find the one that is causing the "error" (the error goes away or is at least reported for some other VI - not this any more). When you get to the last VI, the one without any user (your) subVIs, then usually it works to simple replace it with a new VI that implements exactly the same code.

Great, huh? I simply cannot find the words to describe the quality of the software in question.

Message 5 of 20
(10,264 Views)

Can you please explain "Just turn on the Build log"?

Where can I find it? In the Project Explorer or in Labview development?

I overlooked all menu items of the project explorer but couldn't find it 😞

The closest match was "Category\Advanced\Enable Debugging", so I checked it.

No request for a location to store the log file but the build was successful ?? !! ??

Just to be sure I unchecked "Category\Advanced\Enable Debugging" and got the same error again.

Checking it back again produces again a successful build.

But the EXE file doesn't work.

Mass compiling as suggested by Norbert also return some errors 😞

I'll have a look at them later on and let you know the outcome... ...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(10,254 Views)

I managed to mass compile my project with no errors 🙂

#### Starting Mass Compile: ma 14 feb 2011 19:43:27
  Directory: "J:\SourceCode\LV\WaferChar\Work"
#### Finished Mass Compile: ma 14 feb 2011 19:43:28

But still unsuccessful EXE build 😞

Same error as before:

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(10,242 Views)

The "Build log" is turned on inbuild configuration. At least inLV2009 and LV2010. I don't know about 8.6, sorry 😞

Br, Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(10,229 Views)

do you have any disable structures? if yes is there any broken wires into the disabled diagrams? I had problems with that so now before building I always remove disable structures.

also in your build spec, turn on the option to remove unused instances of polymorphic VIs, might help...

hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(10,224 Views)

Thanks for the help so far guys, but nothing helped 😞

I don't have any disabled diagram and all of my code works well in LV development, so I assume that I have no broken wire(s) at all.

Option "remove unused instances of polymorphic VIs" was already checked 😉

The VI's mentioned in the error are NI vi's!

What can be bad on those one's

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

It's unclear to me if I have to search the error in those VI's or in my code 😞

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(10,214 Views)