From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build XY Graph Clear History

Hello,

Im using the Express VI to build XY graph. Im acquiring signals from multiple channels and i should plot the waveforms for different channels as the test is running. Im having problems clearing the history. Looking at the other posts and previous threads, i did create a property node "Value" and created a constant array input to the "Value". I also created the "Reinit default value" node. Im still seeing the data from the previous channel.

The same trick worked well when i used waveform chart, but i will need to do the same with XY graph.

I have attached the VI, the "Index" lets you switch form one channel to the other, if i change the "Index" value, the waveform does show the value of the corresponding channel, but, it contains the data of the previous channel.

For instance, if i change the "Index" from 0 to 1 after 10 secs, it still shows the value of "Index" 0 from 1second to 10 seconds. But i would like to see the value of "Index" 1 for the same time period and continue showing values of "Index" 1 until changed by the user.

The second attachment is a sub-VI.

Thank you,

Eureka

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,228 Views)

One of the main differences between the Chart and Graph is that the Graph does not have a history. Because of this there is no need to "clear" it. It redraws  whenever you send new data to it. I would recomend checking the program logic using the highlight execution and watching to see when your array index changes and rewrites the graph vs. when you as a user change "index".

Kyle K.

Product Manager for Product Data
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,196 Views)