LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build EXE and Installer with Vision Package

Hi,

This may be simple for you guys to figure out, but I just need some guidance.

I have a main VI with a bunch of Sub VIs that I need to make an install CD. The application uses the IMAQ add-on software to communicate with the camera. What do I need to do to make a computer with no NI software install this program I have?

I have the Labview 8.0 and IMAQ 3.5.1 and IMAQ 1394 2.02 on my system.

Thanks, Branson
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,895 Views)
We had to update our build system so that we had Vision 8.0 to be compatible with LV 8.0.  You need to have the Vision 8.0 run-time engine installed and activated on both, the system you are building the exe on and the system you want to install the exe on.  A run-time engine license must be purchased for every deployment (each machine you want to install you exe on).

Nate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,870 Views)
Hi Branson,

I hope you're doing well.  It sounds like what you are looking to do is create an installer package that will encompass your application and necessary drivers.  In LabVIEW 8.0, you can create a build specification for both your executable and also one for an installer.  In the installer, you can include installer packages for the drivers that you select as well.  The following page in the LabVIEW Help discusses how to build an installer.  Let us know if this helps answer your question!

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,863 Views)
I build my EXE first, then I build the INSTALLER. When choosing options for the installer, I need the LabVIEW 8 Run-Time engine and the Vision 8 Run-Time engine, correct? In the Additional Installers category, I see the LabVIEW 8 Run-time, but I don't see the Vision 8 Run-Time.

How do I install the Vision 8 Run-Time? and/or include it into the INSTALLER that I'm building?

Thanks,
Branson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,858 Views)
Branson,

You are correct that you will need to have the LabVIEW 8 Run-Time engine, as well as the Vision driver components.  There are a few issues with including the Vision components as an Additional Installers, which is discussed in the following KnowledgeBase.  Let us know if it answers your question about including this installer!

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,824 Views)
OK, so I've bought all the necessary licenses and I've built by application and installer with the LabVIEW App Builder. I've also automatically (and silently) installed  the Vision Run-Time Engine. Does my customer next have to activate the license? I'm hoping to avoid this step to keep the installation very tidy and easy. I don't want licensing issues to occur after distributing the application.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,740 Views)

Hi,

I am new to this group and I having same type of problem. I have labview.exe file created with Labview8.2. I want to create a setup.exe file for a customer. My costumer don't have Lab View engine running on his machine. How can I create an Installer which don't need any Lab View engines on client machine? Thanks for your help.

Harkirat

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,534 Views)
Hi Harkirat,

To run a LabVIEW-built executable, you will need to make an installer that will install the LabVIEW Runtime engine, and if the application uses Vision, you will need the Vision runtime.
Regards,
Brandon M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,504 Views)