LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Array- Permanent Storage of array values

WEvans wrote:
Altenbach, preciate all your help. The RacerInfoIIedMod.vi tested good w/only one minor error. However, I was able to correct it by using Tex[] (to compare and write the new value to the file instead of "newval") and changing when the event occured.
I don't think there is a "tex[]" property. If you mean "text.text", it should give you exactly the same value as "newval", so I am not quite sure what you are looking for. Can you attach the final version so I can see how you changed the event order? The existing order worked fine for me. Newval is much more efficient, because reading a property node is relatively expensive.

You should probably go with the ...MOD2.vi version (except for the fact that there is a tiny bug, the compound boolean node has one too many inputs by accident, just resize to the existing inputs. All that vodoo code in ...MOD.vi with these unneeded property nodes to the left is just too distracting. 😉

For your project report, you could just link to this thread. This was not really a serious effort on my part, just a quick cleanup. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(741 Views)
Attached is the slight changes I made to the vi. A gap (double tab) would appear in the combo box  list on the next after the drop down menu was used for the first time. I figured this was because of when the "check for dublicat/update array" event was occuring so I changed it to happen at a later time.

Kind of off subject. But is it possible to record and have realtime video playback in LabVIEW? The "IMAQ AVI Create.vi" requires data to be recorded at a particular "frames per second" which will affect the playback of the video depending on the computer's processor's speed. So how can I either record and have realtime playback regardless of the processor's speed or use the "frames per second" and create a delay in the playback such that it will be in realtime?
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(721 Views)

You should start a new thread for the video question. It is not related to the current thread.

It seems you mostly changed the events such that a Heat change (instead of driver change) would update the driver array. Of course in this case you cannot use the event terminal, but still you don't need any text.text property node. Just read the terminal via a wire!

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-07-2007 09:35 AM
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(715 Views)
Hi WEvans,

A gap (double tab) would appear in the combo box 

This gap appears when you clear the Venue or Driver Name values in the example altenbach posted. This happens because a value change is registered and the new value is blank. This occurs in your newly posted edit if you change the value of Race Number or Heat Number while Venue or Driver Name is still cleared. I would suggest still using the Value Change events for Venue and Driver Name that altenbach posted and just perform a simple check to see if the string is empty before placing it in the list of strings. I hope this helps!

Message Edited by lion-o on 12-11-2007 12:12 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(687 Views)
For some reason the "Pre-Race comments" string control does not work (I can not obtain an output from the contrl). I've deleted and replaced the control (which might've been a mistake), but that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(619 Views)

You have a race condition.

The various string terminals get read before the event structure executes, so the string output tunnels of the while loop only get current values if the loop spins once more.

To ensure that changes in these values are recorded, you have several possibilities. For example:

1. Place them inside a sequence frame and make sure they get read after the event structure has executed. That sequence fram can even be placed after the while loop. (Make sure to add data depdendency so it will execute after the while loop.
  2. Add empty events for e.g. "pre race comments: value changed". This means whenever you type new information, the loop spins once to place the  current value in the output tunnel.

I still don't understand why you drag so much baggage along. e.g. you definitely don't need to set the visibility and strings of the buttons explicitely. You don't need to open and close the panel with nodes, this shoud be done via the call setup.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(616 Views)