LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug With Merge VI Place Object On Cursor

I saw a possible bug posted on a community 4 years ago, and confirmed the behavior is still there in 2015.  Can this get a CAR or explaination?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/112167

Basically I have a VI and I want to place its contents on my cursor.  This works fine if the VI is on the palette an duse the Place Palette Object On Cursor but the VI isn't on the palette.  So I provide a path to it and that is fine, but enabling the mergeVI does nothing, no placement of VI or contents.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,846 Views)

Hooovahh,

There has been a CAR filed for the issue, but it was only a documentation change. Can you provide a screenshot or post a sample VI? Perhaps we can reopen it and investigate.

-Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,721 Views)

@brandonj wrote:

There has been a CAR filed for the issue, but it was only a documentation change. Can you provide a screenshot or post a sample VI? Perhaps we can reopen it and investigate.

Was the documentation change to remove this feature?  Because I want this feature to work.

Were you not able to reproduce this issue?  Attached is two VIs that demonstrate how this one function doesn't work right if Merge is set to true.  Run the Demonstrate Bug which will make a new VI then place a VI on your cursor in that new VI.  If you set the Merge to True nothing happens.

As far as I can tell it is as simple as, putting a true into it causes it to do nothing.

EDIT: Saved in 2015 but I've observed this in other versions and the post being old makes me think it goes back to at least 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,709 Views)

Hooovahh,

Thank you for highlighting the problem. We will consider looking into the CAR and moving further with the issue.

Thank you,

-Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,654 Views)

Any closure on this?  Is it a bug?  Is it poor documentation?  Is there a CAR?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,438 Views)

Hooovahh,

A CAR regarding the issue was opened in 2010. However the CAR was closed/deferred in 2012 without adding the functionality due to lack of priority. It appears the develpoment team also decided not to modify the documentation/help for the function.

-Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,405 Views)

@brandonj wrote:

Hooovahh,

A CAR regarding the issue was opened in 2010. However the CAR was closed/deferred in 2012 without adding the functionality due to lack of priority. It appears the develpoment team also decided not to modify the documentation/help for the function.

-Brandon

They were busy creating new icons.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,384 Views)

Okay, can I request the CAR be reopened so that the function bug can be fixed, or documentation updated to note the behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,365 Views)

Hooovahh,

I will relay your request to the development team.

-Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,334 Views)